UK Fabrications - Alcester
Founded in 1977, the Alcester facility – previously known as Hampson Aerospace Machining – was renamed as Bromford Industries in 2009 and was one of the original manufacturing sites. With capabilities originally focused around special processes (EDM & Laser), this expanded into fabricated components with a concentration on the Power Generation market. Whilst continuing to support both the Aerospace and Power Generation customers in the UK with sub-contract services in EDM and Laser it has also become a strategic supplier into both GE Power and Siemens Energy for Hot Gas Path and Combustion components used in their Gas Turbine offerings.
Growth has come both organically and by acquisition, having integrated H Beesley into an expanded footprint in 2014. With a sustained focus on continuous improvement and investment in technology the site continues to grow alongside its customers both new and old.
- Engineering Software: Solidworks, SolidCAM
- Forming: Hydraulic press to 400T, Mechanical Press to 30T, Cylinder rolling to 6mm thickness, Section Form rolling to 1.75mm thickness, Expanding to 100T (min 100mm dia max 1.2m dia)
- Joining: TIG weld, Resistance weld, Micro Spot weld
- Cutting: Laser, capability up to 6 axis 1m3
- EDM: Wire up to 600mm x 400mm x 425mm, Sink up to 600mm x 400mm x 425mm, FHD up to 3.2mm dia
- Parts Finishing: Polishing, Deburring, Barrelling, Blasting
- Testing: NDT (FPI), Airflow
- Part Marking: Vibro, Scribe, Electro-Etch
- Inspection: CMM’s running PC-DMIS, 3D Blue Light Scan, Optical CMM
- 3D Printing: SLA